Government of India
Ministry of Labour & Employment
Directorate General, Factory Advice Service and Labour Institutes
Central Labour Institute Building
N.S. Mankiker Marg
Sion, Mumbai 400 022
Admission to 1-Year
ADVANCED DIPLOMA COURSE IN
INDUSTRIAL SAFETY 2014-2015
The Directorate General, Factory Advice Service & Labour Institutes invites application in prescribed form for admission to the one year full-time Advanced Diploma Course in Industrial Safety, 2014-2015 to be conducted at its four Labour Institutes, namely, the Central Labour Institute, Mumbai and the three Regional Labour Institutes at Kolkata, Chennai and Kanpur, to be started in the month of June/July, 2014.
- a) Recognized Degree or Diploma in any branch ofTechnology/Engineering or recognized Degree in Physics or Chemistry with:
- b)Post basic qualification, practical experience in a supervisory capacity of two years in case of engineering Degree holders and five years in case of Diploma holders in Technology/Engineering and Degree holders in Physics or Chemistry in manufacturing, maintenance or safety department in an industry; or in research, training or education in the field of Industrial Safety, or in a Government Department in administration of any safety legislation; or in building or other construction works or department of port or docks; or construction industry.
Seats are reserved for SC/ST/OBC candidates as per Government Rules.
1) The course conducted by Central Labour Institute, Mumbai is known as “Advanced Diploma in Industrial Safety".
2) The course conducted by Regional Labour Institutes, Kanpur, Kolkata and Faridabad is known as “Post Diploma in Industrial Safety”.
3) The course conducted by Regional Labour Institute, Chennai is known as “Diploma in Industrial Safety”.
The duly filled in application form together with attested copies of certificates and mark-sheets should reach the Director-in-Charge of the respective Institutes as per date mentioned in the prospectus.
Candidates working in the UT/States of Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Goa, Gujarat and Maharashtra shall apply to Director Incharge, Safety Division, Central Labour Institute, Sion, Mumbai – 400 022.
Candidates working in the states of Bihar, Orissa, West Bengal, Jharkhand and all the North-Eastern States shall apply to Director Incharge, Regional Labour Institute, Lake Town, Kolkata – 700 089.
Candidates working in the UT/States of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Laksha Dweep and Tamil Nadu shall apply to Director Incharge, Regional Labour Institute, TTTI, Tharamani P.O., Chennai – 600 113.
Candidates working in the States of Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Uttaranchal, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh (except NCR) shall apply to Director Incharge, Regional Labour Institute, Sarvodaya Nagar, Kanpur – 208 005.
Candidates working in the UT/States of Chandigarh, Delhi (NCR), Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, and Punjab shall apply to Director Incharge, Regional Labour Institute, Sector-47, Faridabad, Haryana – 121 003.
N.B.: Applications from candidates working in states/UTs other than as specified above will summarily be rejected. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
For detail regarding eligibility, fees and application form for each institute please download :
Central Labour Institute, Mumbai (pdf format)
Regional Labour Institute, Kanpur (pdf format)
Regional Labour Institute, Kolkata (pdf format)
Regional Labour Institute, Chennai (pdf format)
Regional Labour Institute, Faridabad (pdf format)