British Safety Council Diploma
British Safety Council :The British Safety Council as a government awarding body . They are also the only UK awarding body to offer a complete suite of health and safety qualifications from Entry Level to Level 6 in the national framework.
The British Safety Council, a Registered Charity founded by James Tye in 1957, is one of the world’s leading Health and Safety organisations alongside the likes of IOSH & IIRSM unlike these the Council’s members are mostly companies. Safety Practitioners the world over use the services and training they provide.The London based charity provides training in over 50 countries.
British Safety Council (BSC)
Type : Professional Membership Organisation
Headquarters : LONDON
The British Safety Council is also a partner in the development of the Occupational Safety & Health Consultants Register scheme (OSHCR), a centrally held register of registered health and safety consultants within the United Kingdom.
The British Safety Council is a government-regulated awarding body and, as such, must comply with a wide range of conditions set by the regulator so that rigour and consistency in the awarding of qualifications is maintained.
British Safety Council Diploma:
British Safety Council has operated for over 60 years and its qualifications include the same knowledge outcomes, as NEBOSH.
The Level 6 Diploma is a Degree-level qualification for Health and Safety professionals wishing to progress in their careers. Holders of the Level 6 Diploma can apply for graduate membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (Grad IOSH). Many then take up an advance course to become Chartered Members (CMIOSH).
Pros in British Safety Council Diploma
1. Tutors must be chartered members of IOSH (CMIOSH), hold a Level 6 qualification or equivalent in a relevant subject and have a teaching qualification. Assignments may be submitted at any time. Scripts are marked by external examiners with the results and certificates issued within approximately 3 months.
2. Examinations will be conducted at the institute and the institute will schedule the exams at their convenient date
3. It has two theory papers and two projects, which will give an in-depth knowledge to the candidates
4. Candidates will receive the results within two weeks to two months
5. Candidates will complete this course within a minimum of 5 months
6. Upon completing this course candidates will achieve the title of Grad IOSH
7. One of the best course in HSE field
8. Institutions prefer to promote this Course in the market because there are no strict rules like the Nebosh.
9. On completion of this course, candidates are eligible to get a Grade B in OSHAD through Grad IOSH route and this Course is also acknowledged by most of the Gulf countries and the recruiters.
Cons in British Safety Council Diploma
1. Without proper guidance, the candidates find it difficult to complete this Course. Only under the expert guidance of the HSE expert candidates will clear this Course. Candidates need to complete two projects (Approximately, of 5000 words and 10,000 words). Under proper guidance of the trainer, candidates will clear the projects without much ado.
2. Now British Safety Council is introducing the system of spot checking at the examination venue and soon the exams may be conducted in the premises of the British Council. So the institute cannot fix the examination dates to their convenience, and needs to pay venue charges to the British Council. Thus there may be a hike in the Course prices in the near future
Raja Tamilselvan, CMIOSH, MIIRSM