The BSS Diploma course, an initiative promoted by the Government of India is an acronym of Bharat Sevak Samaj. This BSS Diploma course has been started by a national development agency by the help of the Planning Commission of the Government of India. This is a step taken to enable individuals to contribute in the shape of a co-operative attempt to implement the National Development Plan. The constitution and the operation of the BSS are approved by the Indian Parliament.
Call Now : 90 03 05 99 77 / 95 66 12 66 22
Contact Our Expert Course Advisers Now to Get More Personalised Career Support
This BSS Diploma course has been widely acknowledged and recognized overseas, attested by the Indian Consulate, accepted and recognized by the Gulf countries and the Western European countries. A remarkable feature of this course is that verifications of the certifications can be done through their website. This certificate could be registered in the Employment Exchange, if desired. The detailed list of the different BSS Diploma courses and their duration is mentioned below:
- Diploma in Industrial Safety Engineering
- Diploma in Fire and Safety methods
- Diploma in Fire man technician
- Diploma in Sub fire station Officer
- Diploma in Electrical Safety
- Diploma in Construction Safety
- Diploma in Environmental Safety
- Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health
- Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health
- Diploma in Health , Safety and Environmental management
- Diploma in Fire and Construction Safety Management
- Diploma in Offshore Safety
- Govt Of India Recognized
- Can be registered in Employment Exchange
- Can be attested by Ministry Of External affairs
- Eligible to Apply for membership in IIRSM (U.k)
|1||FSS001||BSS DIPLOMA IN FIRE ENGINEERING & SAFETY MANAGEMENT|
|2||FSS002||BSS DIPLOMA IN FOOD SAFETY|
|3||FSS003||BSS DIPLOMA IN INDUSTRIAL SAFETY|
|5||FSS005||BSS DIPLOMA IN ELECTRICAL SAFETY|
|6||FSS006||BSS DIPLOMA IN OFF SHORE SAFETY|
|7||FSS007||BSS DIPLOMA IN FIRE FIGHTING|
|8||FSS008||BSS DIPLOMA IN CONSTRUCTION SAFETY|
|9||FSS009||BSS DIPLOMA IN ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY|
|10||FSS010||BSS DIPLOMA IN FIRE & SAFETY ENGINEERING TECHNIQUES|
|11||FSS036||BSS DIPLOMA IN INDUSTRIAL ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY|
|12||FSS013||BSS DIPLOMA IN FIRE ENGINEERING & SAFETY MANAGEMENT|
|13||FSS017||BSS DIPLOMA IN HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT & SAFETY ENGINEERING|
|14||FSS021||FIRE MAN TECHNICIAN|
|15||FSS023||DIPLOMA IN CONSTRUCTION SAFETY MANAGEMENT|
|16||FSS025||DIPLOMA IN FIRE & SAFETY ENGINEERING|
|17||FSS027||BSS DIPLOMA IN INDUSTRIAL SAFETY ENGINEERING|
|18||FSS030||SUB FIRE STATION OFFICER|
|19||FSS031||BSS DIPLOMA IN OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY & HEALTH|
|20||FSS046||BSS DIPLOMA IN OIL & GAS SAFETY MANAGEMENT|
Master Diploma Courses
|1||FSS046||MASTER DIPLOMA IN OFFSHORE,RIG,OIL AND GAS SAFETY ENGINEERING|
|2||FSS044||BSS MASTER DIPLOMA IN OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH,SAFETY,ENVIRONMENT&RISK MGMT|
- The Current Health and Safety Performance compared to the organisation Goals
- The Current standards exist in the work place with comparison to the Organisation Safety Standards (Already If Derived)
- The Workplace Health and safety practices , systems with comparison to the legal requirements set by the government.
- The Current Health and Safety standards with Comparison to the external interested parties requirements (Like Insurance companies , parent Companies , etc)
- Physical Observation of Workplace to identify hazards and deviation from standards
- Interviewing relevant personal including managers and supervisors , for seeking verbal evidence
- Analyzing Health and safety documents , records and procedures which includes absenteeism records , maintenance records , risk assessment ,accident investigation records , health and safety training records , safety committee records , HSMS Manual , near miss records , employee complaints records , legal register and more.
- Insufficient performance Compared to the Goal / aim of the organisation (Planning 50 % reduction in accident rate and achieving only 20 %)
- The Lack of actions to meet the legal or other requirements (Example expired fire license for an factory)
National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) is another set of opportunities open for people
who are looking out for job avenues in health and safety. You could already be employed
or planning to start a career in health and safety. Either way you could decide to get
qualified and carry out your responsibilities in a more conscious manner. Learners like
doing this course because they can do so without giving up their present job. NVQ
Diplomas are based on the national occupational standards, which are standards and
statements of performances that describe what competent people in a particular
occupation are expected to be able to do. They mostly cover the entire aspect of an
occupation, including current best practice, the ability to adapt to future requirements
and the knowledge and understanding that underpin competent performance.
- Your Profile (Education & Experience)
- The Type of Industry You Prefer
- The Country You are living or willing to work with.
- Analyse the Number of Vacancies in Your Particular Region and check out the employer Preferred Qualifications.
- Do not prefer specialized programs earlier like ( the course confined to specific Industry like Oil and Gas ) due to there confined job opportunities.
- Make Sure the Safety Course you are selecting having an wide industrial Opportunities and More importantly approved by Your National Government.
The Safety Officers are responsible for preventing accidents, disease and environmental impacts from the industrial activities. Hiring safety Officers , safety engineers is an legal responsibility that every companies must adhere to.
How To Become an Safety Officer ?,,
Most of the Students or Professionals , having this common doubt, hence there is no exact answer for this Career Question.
That’s Why “Our Red hat safety Training & Consulting” group decided to create an Guidance over.
Now a Days , from different departments , sectors and academic profile , the students and professionals are starting their career into safety.
But , Most of them are not familiar with the base guidelines , which they must understand to become an successful safety Officer irrespective of there profile.
The exact answer for the question is , there are multiple ways to become an industrial safety officer and the right path is mainly decided by the country You are willing to work with.
For Example : As per the section 40 – B of the Factories act , the safety officers must have mandated qualification in industrial safety , and the course must be approved by Indian Government.
But , when it comes to Singapore , The Candidates must hold an qualification approved by Ministry of Man power and the profile must be approved prior to starting there employment.
Apart from Educational criteria fixed by the government , certain multi national companies also develops and follows there own standards , with unique profile preferences.
Finally , If You wanted to become an Safety Officer ,
- You must knew the Government expectations on Qualification and Profile
- You must Knew the Type of company , You are willing to work with
- The Country You willing to work with.
Need More details or Would like to become an Safety Officer , but confused about right qualifications , criteria and eligibility .
Get Personalized Support with Our Safety Trainers Today